Superdesk is a state-of-the-art digital newsroom system. It combines headless CMS functionality with powerful workflow features for an end-to-end news creation, production, curation and distribution platform. Built alongside journalists in the newsroom, it has a modular, API-centric design that enables news organisations to add and adapt the functionality most relevant to their business. Superdesk is open-source web-based newsroom software that integrates easily with legacy systems as well as third-party applications.
With Superdesk you can:
- Integrate existing systems
- Take advantage of flexible content templates
- Get peace of mind with a proven solution that is running the operations of newsrooms around the world
- Streamline newsroom production processes
- Intuitively create new products and services
- Curate text and multimedia assets
- Search and package content easily with metadata
- Create a content item once and distribute it to multiple platforms, automatically adjusting the delivery format
- Manage access with fine-grained user roles
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
The interface is clean and well designed. You can tell someone with a UX background worked on it and not just software engineers.
Pro Easy to use
Putting together an article is straightforward: you type the text into the main fields and then use drag and drop to add photos.
Pro Publish to more than one website
You have the option of setting up publishing routes to choose where something gets published in case you have multiple websites.
I like that you can set up a personal workspace and also add different widgets to your dashboard depending on what you’re interested in.
Pro Newsroom automation
Superdesk can aggregate and automate multiple mundane newsroom jobs.
Con Sometimes buggy
Sometimes, when trying to publish a post I was getting errors which was a bit annoying. However, after we updated to the latest version the instance was running smoothly.
Con Not one-click publishing
At least in our company’s system you need to do a couple of extra steps to publish an article.