- 300g /10.5 oz dark 75% chocolate
- 175g / 6 oz butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbs double cream
- 4 tsp granulated stevia (optional) or sweetener of choice to taste
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, cream and stevia together for 3-4 minutes (use a stick blender or hand whisk). It will go frothy and remain runny.
Slowly add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture in the saucepan, stirring all the time. As you add more egg mixture, the chocolate and butter will thicken to the consistency of custard.
- Pour into a prepared tin. Grease a loose bottom cake tin with butter then line the loose bottom with baking paper and push through the outer ring so the baking paper adds a seal and stops the cake mixture from leaking.
- Bake at 180C / 350F
- Serving size: 1 slice (35.7g)
- Calories: 237kcal
- Fat: 19.7g (55%)
- Carbohydrates: 12.1g (34%)
- Sugar: 11.2g
- Protein: 3.9g (11%)
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Cake is made with common ingredients
All items are easily found in any grocery shop.
Pro Straightforward prep
No cooking skills needed, only a hand mixer.
Pro Nut free
This cake can be eaten by people with nut allergies.
Pro Carb count can be lowered further by using a higher percentage cacao chocolate
Pro Gluten free
This cake can be eaten by people with coeliac disease and gluten intolerance.
Con Not very suitable if you are also watching calories
250kcal per small slice and high in fat.