Open source monitoring system and time series database written in Go.
Prometheus servers scrape metrics from instrumented jobs, either directly or via an intermediary push gateway for short-lived jobs. They store all scraped samples locally and run rules over this data to either record new timeseries from existing data or generate alerts. PromDash (a web-based dashboard builder) or other API consumers can be used to visualize the collected data.
Prometheus's main features are:
- A multi-dimensional data model.
- A flexible query language to leverage this dimensionality.
- No reliance on distributed storage; single server nodes are autonomous.
- Time series collection happens via a pull model over HTTP.
- Pushing time series is supported via an intermediary gateway.
- Targets are discovered via service discovery or static configuration.
- Multiple modes of graphing and dashboarding support.