Here’s the Deal
Slant is powered by a community that helps you make informed decisions. Tell us what you’re passionate about to get your personalized feed and help others.
Farseer Physics Engine is a collision detection system with realistic physics responses. It is based on Box2D, which means they have a lot of features in common.
- Continuous collision detection (with time of impact solver)
- Contact callbacks: begin, end, pre-solve, post-solve
- Convex and concave polyons and circles.
- Multiple shapes per body
- Dynamic tree and quad tree broadphase
- Fast broadphase AABB queries and raycasts
- Collision groups and categories
- Sleep management
- Friction and restitution
- Stable stacking with a linear-time solver
- Revolute, prismatic, distance, pulley, gear, mouse joint, and other joint types
- Joint limits and joint motors
- Controllers (gravity, force generators)
- Tools to decompose concave polygons, find convex hulls and boolean operations
- Factories to simplify the creation of bodies
Specs are quantitative aspects of the option such as the price
Contributor for 3 years
Farseer Physics Engine
Recommended 3 years ago
ColorfulSummanus hasn’t added their experience, pros or cons to their recommendation.
See Product Page for "Farseer Physics Engine"
Have a question about Farseer Physics Engine? Leave a comment for Adam, Athari and 1 other contributor.