When comparing MyMail vs Spark, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best Gmail clients for iOS?” Spark is ranked 3rd while MyMail is ranked 12th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Offers 150gb of email storage
My.com account allows storing up to 150gb of emails.
Pro Intuitive swipes for dealing with messages quickly
This app lets you swipe to mark unread, put message in a folder, mark it for later action, or discard it.
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
Con Caches your passwords even after you uninstall
Their servers may open your mail without you knowing, marking your messages as read without permission.
Con Duplicate notifications
If you still have Gmail installed, you will get a notification from Gmail and MyMail for each message.
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.