When comparing Strapi vs Spark, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best backend web frameworks?” Spark is ranked 33rd while Strapi is ranked 36th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Auto-generate REST APIs
Strapi comes with blueprints that let you create, read, update and delete your data. You also can paginate, sort and filter your results in a matter of seconds with simple but yet specific parameters.
Pro Users, groups and permissions
Manage user settings, login, registration, groups and permissions on the fly. Strapi delivers all those essential features out-of-the-box.
Pro Out-of-the-box administration panel
Easy way to manage your application. This panel allows you to add/edit/delete entries for your APIs, manage your users, groups and permissions. In the future, it will be such as WordPress-like administration panel dedicated to your application.
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.