When comparing Spark vs Boxy, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best e-mail clients for macOS?” Spark is ranked 6th while Boxy is ranked 18th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
Pro Native Google Inbox for Mac
Boxy is simply a wrapper around Google Inbox. People who are used to Inbox's web interface will feel right at home with Boxy.
Pro Surfaces important information from messages
If an email contains pictures, flight information, reservation at a restaurant, attachments, links, dates, phone numbers and other information that the application recognizes, it will surface that information in its main view. These items can be viewed and interacted with without having to open the message itself. It allows finding and taking action on the important email information quickly.
Pro Intelligent categorization
Inbox tries automatically bundling similar messages together. For example, Inbox will create bundles for travel information, receipts, promotions as well as group messages temporally. It enables also managing these bundles of messages together - they can all be swiped away together.
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.
Con Only supports Gmail accounts
No exchange email support or importing of any other e-mail services mail.