When comparing Spark vs Missive, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best Gmail clients for iOS?” Spark is ranked 4th while Missive is ranked 10th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
Pro Live collaborative draft editor
In Missive you can live edit an email draft with your teammates, the draft composer acts exactly like a Google doc. Each team member has a different color cursor.
Pro Is a fully functional email client
It’s important because the collaborative part of Missive becomes useful when users consume all of their emails within the app. You not only want to collaborate around emails sent to your company help@address, but also around the really important emails you most likely receive at your personal company address, like that really important email you received from a potential high profile partner.
Supports multiple organizations with one user login.
Pro Team chat
Missive is also a team chat app. When using Missive you can ditch your email client, chat app and help desk.
Pro Unified inbox
Merge all email accounts in one unified inbox.
Pro Offers read receipt
Know exactly if and when the recipients read your important email.
Pro It works
Nicely written software. Always works as you'd expect, beautifully designed, a classy piece of software.
Pro Has emojis
You can create multiple tasks per conversation all assignable to a single or a group of persons.
Pro Gmail shortcuts
Supports Gmail shortcuts.
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.
Con No option to add words to spellcheck dictionary on Windows
Incredibly frustrating to see the name of your company constantly underlined in red, with no way to fix it.