When comparing Goxel vs Voxel Max, the Slant community recommends Goxel for most people. In the question“What are the best voxel editors?” Goxel is ranked 4th while Voxel Max is ranked 5th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Open source
At least somewhat available for GNU/Linux.
Pro Supports procedural rendering
You can script a build for it to render.
Pro Supports .obj
Pro Available on Android
Pro Exports to PLY format
Pro Available in Debian/Ubuntu repository
If you don't have it installed yet, just enter "sudo apt install goxel && goxel" on the terminal, and you will be running it in a few seconds.
Pro Simple Interface
Pro Available on iOS
Works nicely with Apple Pencil.
Pro POWERFUL MOBILE EXPERIENCE
Full suite of features on both iPhone & iPad
Real time material rendering
256x256x256 build area
Pro APPLE PENCIL & PRESSURE SENSITIVITY
- Adjustable pressure sensitivity
- Control brush size and color
- Apple Pencil “double-tap” to switch tools
Pro FAMILIAR TOOLS
- Cube/Sphere Brushes, Line, Box & Face Extrusion
- Axis Stretching and Mirroring
- Many select options and Selection Masking
Pro ADJUST LAST ACTION WITH CONTROL POINTS
- Fine tune position and scale of any edit operation
- Curve controls on freehand strokes
- Change material or swap color gradient
Pro UP TO 1920 MATERIALS
- 240 color swatches with individual alphas
- 24-bit RGB color with 8-bit transparency
- 8 material layers to adjust render settings
Pro UNLIMITED VERSION HISTORY
- Undo all the way to document start
- Playback entire build as a time-lapse
- Cloud sync files and edit across devices