When comparing Unibox vs Spark, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best e-mail clients for macOS?” Spark is ranked 5th while Unibox is ranked 18th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Simple, clean interface
Unibox's interface is very clean and easy to understand. It has a classic two-pane interface with all users that have sent emails on the left side and any email currently being read on the right.
Every UI element is only visible when needed. For example, every time you hover on a discussion the trash can, which is otherwise invisible appears.
Pro All emails are sorted by contact
Pro Makes it easy to keep track of different discussions
Unibox groups different emails by user instead of subject. This makes it easy to keep track of messages sent to a particular person and to keep track of different discussions.
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Robust customization options
Pro Syncs across devices
Pro Unified inbox
Pro Free snooze options
Con Sends empty emails
Other than syncing issues and displaying wrong badge numbers, Unibox sometimes sends empty emails to people in the user's contact list, which is quite annoying.
Con A number of recurring issues
There are some recurring issues with Unibox: these include the sync dropping and e-mails not reaching their destination.
Con Always needing to update token for Gmail
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.