When comparing KiTTY vs Moba X Term, the Slant community recommends KiTTY for most people. In the question“What are the best Linux terminal emulators?” KiTTY is ranked 14th while Moba X Term is ranked 25th. The most important reason people chose KiTTY is:
- Sessions filter - Shortcuts for pre-defined command - The session launcher - Automatic logon script - URL hyperlinks - Running a locally saved script on a remote session - Send to tray - Transparency - Quick start of a duplicate session - SSH Handler: Internet Explorer integration - pscp.exe and WinSCP integration - New command-line options
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Includes additional features over PuTTy
- Sessions filter
- Shortcuts for pre-defined command
- The session launcher
- Automatic logon script
- URL hyperlinks
- Running a locally saved script on a remote session
- Send to tray
- Quick start of a duplicate session
- SSH Handler: Internet Explorer integration
- pscp.exe and WinSCP integration
- New command-line options
Pro Startup sessions
Support start-up sessions which allow you to specify the window/tab layout, working directories, and programs to run on startup.
Pro Can store login credentials
Pro True Color support
Supports True Color, so software like Vim can display a really nice pallet.
Uses Unicode for the best character compatibility.
Pro Many protocols supported
From SSH to RDP, Moba X Term provides loads of different options and functions.
Pro Windows and tabs support
Moba X Term is great for Dev & Ops running their terminal on corporate Windows Laptops. It also allows for multiple tab and window screens.
Pro Password manager
Con No centralized configuration
Each session holds its own configuration of all features. This means that if one wants to change a configuration common to all sessions (say, the terminal font), it has to be changed in each stored session separately.
A better solution would be to have a default configuration and store only the changed elements for each session (both configurations would be merged, with e priority on the specific one).
Con Proprietary EULA
EULA may prohibit the user of Moba X Term from sharing the software with anyone else.
Con Quite expensive
Quite expensive and more over they pooling legs about terms of support and upgrades.
Con Limited connections in free version
The free version of Moba X Term is limited to only 12 saved connections.