When comparing Boxer vs Spark, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best Gmail clients for iOS?” Spark is ranked 3rd while Boxer is ranked 5th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Swipe actions
Swipe a message to the left to archive, swipe right to place it in a to-do list.
Pro Integrates with other services
There's Dropbox and Box support for cloud storage, LinkedIn and Facebook support for social profiling, Evernote support for notes, etc.
Click the 'quick' button below when composing a message to put a prewritten snippet of text inside the email. There's a set of ready-made solutions, but you can add your own.
Pro Supports Gmail labels
Boxer has Gmail labels fully supported.
Pro Allows "liking" messages
You can automatically send a quick message of appreciation to the sender by clicking like.
Pro Combined inbox
Boxer uses a combined inbox for all your accounts.
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.