When comparing Yahoo! Mail vs Spark, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best e-mail clients for iOS?” Spark is ranked 7th while Yahoo! Mail is ranked 11th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
With this Yahoo! Mail feature users can open any e-mail in a new tab and get back to the mail list without having to close the e-mail that the user is currently reading.
Pro Background wallpaper
Similar to Mail app bundled in Windows 10, Yahoo! Mail allows users to set images from Flickr as the background image for the app.
Stationary is an add-on that's only available in Yahoo! Mail. It allows users to customize and enhance the look of the email. Things like image borders, letter style etc. can be changed before sending the email to intended recipients.
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.