ex2D is a highly integrated 2D-sprite-related development extension for Unity. From forum.unity3d.com:
It aims at providing high performance 2D sprite/UI solution inside
Unity, with a specific focus on creating tons of cutting-edge sprite
animations and other content in complicated Unity scenes, while still
maintaining great performance on mobile devices.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Best in class sprite animation editor
The UX for editing sprite animations with ex2D is simply better then any of the alternative frameworks. You can:
- Scale and scroll enabled time line editor.
- Move, add, remove and insert Frame Element by dragging and dropping them directly.
- Adjustable single frame length to make animation creating more versatile.
- Support adding animation events directly in the timeline editor.
- Preview animation result in the editor.
Pro Includes a very useful clipping system
Quickly clip sprite, text and other sprite type in a rectangle
Pro Fantastic font editor
The atlas font editor that comes with ex2D is fantastic and makes it very easy to manage and modify the fonts in your project. Key features:
- Support fonts export from BMfont and Hiero.
- Multiple fonts can be put together in one big texture atlas to save draw calls.
- Fonts can also be put together with other texture sprite to save draw calls.
- Manage fonts easily in the atlas editor.