When comparing Mail vs Spark, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best Gmail clients for iOS?” Spark is ranked 6th while Mail is ranked 11th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Supports Push in Gmail
Mail finally supports Push for Gmail accounts in iOS 11
Pro Comes pre-installed on all iOS devices
No need to go out and install another app from the App Store.
Pro Integrates with iOS search
You can use spotlight to search through emails.
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
Con Some emails on iPad have excess padding
iPad version adds padding to text that can't be overridden and it can mess up the layout of the email.
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.