When comparing Spark vs Nine, the Slant community recommends Nine for most people. In the question“What are the best cross-platform mobile email apps?” Nine is ranked 4th while Spark is ranked 6th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Robust customization options
Pro Syncs across devices
Pro Unified inbox
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Can adjust color themes for each account.
Pro Supports ActiveSync protocols
Pro Convenient theme options
The black theme is easy on the battery and eyes.
Pro Good customization
But not so many you have to read and dig through documentation to do what you want.
Pro Supports Outlook category colors, Outlook for Android doesn't
Pro Very reliable
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Not free
Con Not Cross-platform at all
Only has an Android app. No Windows, Mac versions available.