When comparing Spark vs Actix, the Slant community recommends Actix for most people. In the question“What are the best backend web frameworks?” Actix is ranked 18th while Spark is ranked 44th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Robust customization options
Pro Syncs across devices
Pro Unified inbox
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Blazingly fast
Forget about stringly typed objects, from request to response, everything has types
Actix provides a lot of features out of box. WebSockets, HTTP/2, pipelining etc
Easily create your own libraries that any Actix application can use
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.