When comparing Postbox vs Spark, the Slant community recommends Spark for most people. In the question“What are the best e-mail clients for macOS?” Spark is ranked 5th while Postbox is ranked 9th.
Ranked in these QuestionsQuestion Ranking
Pro One Inbox for all accounts
All messages in one place. But you can select to show only messages from each account either.
Pro Blocks tracking gifs
Has the ability to block tracking gifs commonly used for read receipts.
Pro Quick Bar for macros
Quick bar allows you to add a variety of content to your message. It will let you reuse URLS in your Sent folder, and autocompletes against canned responses, signatures, and topics.
Pro Custom quick swipe features
Pro Free snooze options
Pro Robust customization options
Con Way too expensive
Currently the price is at 45€ (US $40). That's ridiculous for an E-Mail client. The design alone is pretty but neither does that or the functionality in any way justify the pricing.
Con No support forum
Support for paid product has no online forums.
- Sends statistical data to several services known for bad privacy policies (Google, Facebook), also there's no way to opt out.
- Automatically creates an acount with the first address entered and subscribes you to their newsletter.
- Stores credentials for your email accounts on their servers.
- Stores your emails on their servers to push them to your devices.
- Server infrastructure seems to be located in the US.
Con Doesn't show the counts of emails next to the folders
- On the Mac platform will show +999 for the folder that contains more than 1000 emails.
- On the iPhone, the platform will not show the counts next to the folder unless they are new emails.
Con Doesn't support many services
Many services such as Spam filters, Pocket, and other apps are not supported.